Latest Race News
- Cycle Tour Entries Open on 26 September 2014. Eager participants wanting to enter the 2015 Cycle Tour can like us on Facebook Twitter @CycleTour_SA for regular updates.
- Barrydale Renosterbos MTB - 06 September 2014. Start: Barrydale Wine Cellar, Barrydale – WC.
- Cara Cara MTB Race - 06 September 2014. Start: Ruby River Resort, Grobersdal – Mpl.
- Bestmed Cycle Tour with Die Burger - 13 September 2014. Start: Lorraine Primary School, Meuse Ave, Lorraine, Port Elizabeth – EC.
- Deelfontein MTB Race Series 4 - 14 September 2014. Start: Deelfontein Vredefort Dome Heritage Site, near Parys – FS.
- Rand Water Race for Victory Super National Classic - 21 September 2014. Start: Zwartkopjes Pumping Station, Rand Water – GP.
- Race the Rhino - 20 September 2014. Start: Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, Skeerpoort, Hartbeespoort Dam – NW.
- Pennypinchers Origin of Trails - 2 Days - 28 November 2014. Start: Hofmeyer Hall, Church Street, Stellenbosch – WC.
- Freedom Challenge - Ride Across South Africa - up to 26 Days or Freedom Challenge - Race to Rhodes - 6 Days.
- 18 September – Pietermaritzburg Venue: Essence Café & Deli, The Square, Chatterton Road (Red face brick building). Time: 18h00 for 18h30
- 6 November – Johannesburg (Venues and times will be announced closer to the time)
- 11 November - Cape Town (Venues and times will be announced closer to the time)
- RSVP - please let us know if you'll be joining us and which event you'll be attending by emailing email@example.com
- New Race or Race Changes? Please remember for all things Cycling related that Cherry is the person to contact.
- See our fabulous Tom Cottrell's Cyclists' Guide digital apps for Apple and Android.
- See our other publications here.
Missed your 67 Minutes? It's Not Too Late!
The late Mr Nelson Mandela followed three rules throughout his life, which he did at great personal sacrifice:
BEEP is designed to empower schools and communities to select and have oversight of bicycle beneficiaries. The primary selection criterion for beneficiaries is need and is based on the distance beneficiaries have to travel to school. Generally, 70% of the bicycles are designated for girl students.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Take to the roads, trails or a stationary bicycle and cycle for 67 minutes. You can arrange to meet your friends and cycle in a group, or you can just head out on your own. We don’t mind where you cycle, just that you do.
Take a photo of yourself before, after or during your cycle and post it to twitter or facebook. Don’t forget to tag us (@qhubeka) or use the hashtag: #67bicycles
Don't forget to see race changes and updates here!
If you are a race organiser please let us know if there are any changes we should know about.